The Fam

The Fam

Our Humble Abode in SLC

Our Humble Abode in SLC

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 126: Utah Natural History Museum

The new Utah Natural History Museum opened this winter, and it is amazing! The building itself kind of blends in with the mountains around it and was built using the most advanced environmentally friendly techniques. It is on the same street as Shay's orthopedic center, and only about a 5 minute drive from our house.



There is a little kids room that has a "river", some caves, some bugs and other science-y things to do.
Rivers exploring the River!

What big eyes you have!

Crawling in the "cave" to explore
 File this under the big fat file of "Things I didn't know about Utah" - it is one of the few places on earth with tons of dinosaur fossils! Almost all of the dinosaur fossils in the museum have come from Utah!


The few pictures I took don't do this place justice. There are I think 5 levels of exhibits, and dinosaurs are just the start. (My favorite exhibit was the 200 moccasins they found - of course I'd like shoes the best!) The views from the museum out onto Salt Lake City are spectacular. Check out the link about for lots more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment