The Fam

The Fam

Our Humble Abode in SLC

Our Humble Abode in SLC

Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 21: Jordanelle Reservoir

Since we now live in the Rockies, I'd resigned myself that it would be another year until the Koch clan hit the beach. Then we found this...

Holy moly! A beach in Utah! It's actually a lake, well a reservoir, up past Park City called Jordanelle Reservoir.  You drive through big mountains in the middle of nowhere, feeling antsy about seeing no gas stations for 10 miles (or was that just me?) and then you see this gorgeous, huge lake with boats and jet skis and a cute little "beach" with sand. 



Like my mom said, it looks just like the beach but instead of the horizon over the water there are giant mountains! My two new friends and I took all the kids up there for what we thought would be a hour or two. It was so great that we ended up staying four hours! The water was very chilly, but the kids didn't mind and they had a great time. I want to go back twice a week to get a semblance of a tan before fall is here!
Rivers and his new buddy Dominic
Rivers, Dominic and his sis Natalie

The sand is a bit grainy and rocky

Miss Maria ready for a dip

Definitely didn't plan to stay through nap time - but Rivers didn't slow down for long! He was back up about 2 minutes after I took this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment