The Fam

The Fam

Our Humble Abode in SLC

Our Humble Abode in SLC

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 33: Bees!

Something I have learned since we've been here: there are a lot of bees in SLC, both literally and figuratively! In fact, Utah is called the Beehive State. Luckily, none of us has suffered a sting yet, but Rivers has been infatuated with them, trying to touch them at buzzing at them. It might just be a matter of time!
Their minor league baseball team is the bees...

Their state highway signs have beehives on them...
lots of businesses are named "beehive" something or other... 
and there is lavender everywhere, and tons of bees in the lavender!

I'm sure that being the "Beehive State" means something more symbolic meaning than actual bees flying around (maybe Utahns are just very industrious? and yes, Utahns is an actual word!), but I'll tell you it does seem that there are more bees here than back home. But for all the bees, can you believe that there are NO fireflies here? So weird at night not to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment